To begin, the novel Divergent connects to life today in 2017 because currently people are being separated by race like the factions in Divergent and it is causing racism between groups of people. The president donald trump uses the slogan make america great again this has made people mad and fight each other this relates to divergent because they fight each other and makes people mad. Also divergent makes people go to groups like abnegation,dauntless,Amity,Candor,Erudite.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Racism by Kevin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Nina 10 months ago

Dear Kevin,

Thank you so much for your post and sharing your thoughts about your book. I too believe that there are connections between the real world and fiction. I really like your connection in regards to race and the factions. I think that it also can connect to ethnicities and countries of origin in our country too. I would love to know more about your thought about slogans. What slogans were used in your book?

Thanks for sharing!