To begin, Divergent is like 2017 because the government is creating rules and acting with force because of their fears. The government in Divergent is like really strict and they have a lot of rules like here in America. But in Divergent, the protagonist, Tris, is trying to escape from the facility that they had her locked up in. They scared of her because she different . Just like in real life, Trump is trying to escape from his so called, “Fears” because he is afraid of Latinos because they are different like building a wall on the  border of Mexico and trying to kick all Mexicans out of America so he can say his famous phrase, “Make America Great Again”.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Government in Divergent by Hugo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Nina 8 months ago

Dear Hugo, I really appreciated your post and your analysis of the role fear plays. In both your novel and today fear is so important to how people rule, and how and why they rule. This is often overlooked, but I think your point on our president being scared of groups of people he can’t empathize with is really key. Thank you for posting and I look forward to reading your future posts.