,

To begin, the novel FAHRENHEIT 451 does connect to 2017 because in the novel and in the real world there is fear and the fear leads to consent. To begin, when Montag was walking with Clarise back home she was trying to get montag to believe that what he is doing which is burning down houses is a bad thing. Clarisse asked Montag: ‘”Do you mind if I ask? How long’ve you worked at being a fireman?’ Since I was twenty, ten years ago’ Do you ever read any of the books that you burn? That’s against the law!”’ (pg 5). This quote shows fear because if you think about it Montag is not reading books because he is scared to get his house burned down because in the novel that is what happens when you keep books at home. This is showing consent because the people are following the rules of the government order to not get their house burned down. In conclusion, in this world fear leads to consent because people follow the opposing laws in order to not get punished.house on fire photo

CC BY-SA 4.0 Fahrenheit 451 by Alejandro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.