To begin, the novel FAHRENHEIT 451 does connect to 2017 because in both this novel and in real life there is fear of the government. First, when Guy (the protagonist), was talking to an elderly man that was uncooperative he claimed, “‘Who can stop me? I’m a Fireman. I can burn you!’ The old man stood looking at him. ‘You wouldn’t.’ ‘I could!'” The keywords in this quote are “who can stop me”(FAHRENHEIT 451). This is a keyword because it shows how much power Firemen have. This is significant because the government is pretty much giving permission to those who serve, to just burn anyone at will. This can be dangerous because there can be a situation where there’s no wrong being done but the “wrongdoer” gets burned or killed anyway. Secondly, this connects to the real world because recently the government has been making laws and enforcing certain things that one would normally assume you wouldn’t be able to do out of the blue. This is significant. In Conclusion, FAHRENHEIT 451 connects to 2017 so far because of the over powering government and the consent both the worlds give so willingly. (If this is bad remember it was done in 25 mins :D)

CC BY-SA 4.0 Fahrenheit 451 timed write by Abraham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.