To begin the novel 1984 does connect to 2017 because of the different oppression happening in both worlds. This is true because in both worlds people are getting hurt by the ones in power. To begin in the book 1984 the protagonist Winston is very intelligent and is realizing problems that are happening to his world. Winston states And so it was with every class of recorded fact, great or small. Everything faded away into a shadow world in which, finally, even the date of the year had become uncertain”(41). The key word in this quote are “everything, faded and away”. These words state how important history is and no matter if it was good or bad everyone should have knowledge.  This quote connects to oppression happening now days because the people of power don’t  really accept the reality of certain problems that are happening now like racism is happening now days but some people don’t realize that we are still like the past and no equality for any one has really changed. Some of us people are  not showing consent because we are fighting against the people of power who are creating this boundary. In conclusion 2017 is very similar to the book 1984 because of the similar oppression happening in both times.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Does the novel 1984 connect to 2017 by Andrea is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.