To begin, the novel Uglies does connect to 2017 because their are two worlds in the book, Uglies and Pretties. There’s a town that is called New Pretty Town, which is when a person turn 16. they have plastic surgery to make the perfect, and then they go live in Prettyville where all they do is party. There is another town called Uglyville where kids before they turn 16 , they have a normal people like us and have flaws. This connects to 2017 because of how our new President Donald Trump is separating the whites and people of color. Firstly, when Tally turns 16, she was in a waiting room for her operation but then the Doctor had told her there was a problem with her operation. Dr.Cable had threatened Tally to turn in one of her friends because she had escaped before she had the operation, Dr.Cable explained, “Then I’ll make you a promise too, Tally Youngblood. Until you do help us, to the very best of your ability, you will never turn pretty” (106). This shows that Tally was being threatened to do something that she didn’t want to do, she had to turn in her best friend because she had made a promise to Shay to never tell anyone about what she knows. But then once Tally has spoken to what she knows she has to make a choice on what she thinks is right, to either be ugly her whole life or find Shay and the smoke and bring her back to the city. My book connects to 2017 because of how our worlds are messed up in some ways, our President Donald Trump wants to deport immigrants who are in the united states but his wife is also an immigrant and he wants to deport the citizens instead of his wife. In the book the Doctor and the government wants to bring the uglies back to the city because they need to get the operation.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Does my novel connect to 2017 by Berenize is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.