This novel relates to 2017 in some ways. For example in the start of the story it shows coercion because Tris the character in the novel, she is forced to make a decision that would make her leave her family and change her life forever. This relates 2017 because some immigrants today are being forced to leave the country, and this similar to Divergent because immigrants are being forced to leave everything behind like their family that live here in the U.S. In conclusion there are some ways Divergent relates to 2017.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Divergent in 2017 by Christian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Nina 6 months ago

Dear Christian,

Thank you for your post. I really appreciated your connection to coercion. I was wondering though if you could be more specific in your claim… what are the “some ways” they are similar. Being more precise in your first sentence will support your reader much more.

Look forward to reading more of your writing 🙂