In my opinion, I think that they chose the right decision to not go to school or work because they are fighting so that Immigrants don’t get deported. But, then I also don’t feel that one day of not going to school or work will make a difference. If they were to do this for more longer than so many things would change because there wouldn’t be farmers to grow crops. But, they wanted to Boycott on that day to protest against Trump so that they don’t get deported and to see how society would be without them and so many people shut down stores and a lot of kids didn’t go to school. So, in my opinion, I agree that they should fight for what they believe in.

Photo By Ted Eytan from Washington, DC, USA – 2017.02.16 A Day Without Immigrants, Washington, DC USA 00829, CC BY-SA 2.0, Link

CC BY-SA 4.0 A Day Without Immigrants by Kevin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jasmin 10 months ago

Dear Kevin,
    I agree that all the people that didn’t go to school or work made the right decision. This boycott showed many people that immigrants and their children are needed. Even if it was only for a day some people may have realized that if all the immigrants/latinos/hispanics did not go to school, shop at stores, eat at restaurants, go to work for more longer everything in the US would just go down the drain. Even if some people are blinded by all their racist thoughts they will eventually realize that they need us to survive. As a student who participated in this boycott, I felt like i helped my community by not going to school or buying things from stores. More than half of my school didn’t attend because they want to show Trump that he is making a big mistake. I will be looking forward to what you post next. Thank you for your post.