We need to protect the information that we think is private and secure from those who would wish to use it against us.

People argue that hackers can only do so much to harm us and that the virtual world cannot have any effect on the real world. These people are seriously misguided on this topic. There is much that someone could do in the virtual world that would effect our lives in the real world. We need to step up our defenses to protect what we hold private and secure to ourselves.

There is much that we can do to protect ourselves from those who would wish to use the information they may gain from out online lives to use against us. While there is a lot of security on most of the online things that we use daily, it is an easy enough job to be able to find a work around with the resources that are available online for people to use. Things as simple as changing our passwords could work to prevent hackings. While I hope to bring the light the potential that hacking has to cause harm, I hope to give people the knowledge and awareness that cyber attacks and crimes are getting easier and easier to do as the world becomes more technological.

CC BY-SA 4.0 What can we do to prevent future hackings? by Ben is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.