My research topic was the addition of up to ten percent corn ethanol into gasoline. Ethanol was added to gasoline with the intention to burn cleaner and also to put out let pollution into the environment. In an article from The Greenhaven Press it is addressed that in order to produce the mandated amount of ethanol for gasoline enough corn to feed three people is being used. This is a waste of resources as also it can take up to five gallons of water to produce a single gallon of ethanol. These are resources easily needed in everyday life. Also it usually goes unstated that petroleum products are required in the production of ethanol. In another article from the New American it discusses how this use of corn and other natural resources is driving the prices of food up. This in the end cost the consumer much more than fossil fuels were. Fossil fuels did not affect food prices and food is something there will always be a high demand for.

CC BY-SA 4.0 What is Ethonal by Danielle is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.