Technology is affecting our mental and physical health. From affecting our social “interactions” to affecting our bodies physically.  There are many benefits to having technology. For instance, communication. But when us humans are socializing in public, our skills lack face-to-face communication are decreasing. Also, our physical health is affected from our vision to our posture. With our mental health, we become affected by having withdraws from our phone.

While researching on the Gale Research source, I found “New communication technology and the clinical context” by Karen Rowe. This article was perfect for my research paper because it talks about the psychology behind technology and our relationship with it. I am very pleased that I found this source because it gives questions and information about the topic that I am researching. With my topic, I also need evidence on why technology is good for our health. For education purposes, I found “Understanding the impacts of participatory, digital technologies on classroom practices” by Carl Whithaus. Even though this article does not fit my topic, it adds extra information for me to be educated on and how technology is important in the classroom. Overall, I recommend using Gale Research for looking up information on a topic because it gives you articles that go deeper into detail.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Gale Research: How Technology is Affecting our Health by Montana is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Miguel 8 months ago

This is an interesting post, you did a very good job siting your sources and letting everyone know your research topic. I am also researching this similar but specifically the mental aspect of this topic. And to be specific further I am researching emotions and what technology affects them and what could happen if technology continues to grow. If you don’t mind I’d like to use one of your sources to add on to my research. I hope to read more post about your discoveries and perhaps share ideas for each others topics.