Boys will judge a girl just by her body not her personality,attitude,or the way she carry herself . Most of the time they don’t even care how you look as long as your body is good enough your good enough but sometimes this makes most girl very insecure about their body thinking my body isn’t good enough and they never know their worth. Most outcomes are starvation, trying to weight gain , suicide , and depression. So Ladies know your worth and never let a boy make you think your body isn’t good enough.

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Body by Janyah is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jenessa 6 months ago

Janyah,
    This is a great post. I think it’s great that you are addressing the issue of body-shaming, and how male’s address female bodies. I do want to point out that stating, “boys will judge a girl just by her body not her personality,attitude,or the way she carry herself” is a generalization, and a social stigma/stereotype that male’s face because not all male’s are this way. It is a true fact that a boy will judge a girl by her body, but I don’t think we can make a justification that all boys do because there are a lot of boys that don’t! Keep writing; this was very influential, and can make a girl who is feeling bad in her own skin feel a lot better about herself.
    Jenessa

2. Christy 7 months ago

Dear Janyah,
    I am inspired by your post ¨My Body,” because it is very true. We females should always have self love in order for someone to love or feel for us.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is, ¨Most outcomes are stravation, trying to gain weight, suicide, and depression” I think this is true because I see a lot of females nowadays trying a little too hard just to gain some boys attention.
    Another sentence that I read was, ¨Boys will judge a girl just by her body not her personality, attitude, or the way she carry herself.” This stood out for me because not all boys are like this but most of them are and some females do not realize that.
    Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. I had a friend who would always complain and say that she needs a boyfriend. She would do things to get their attention. She would talk to any boy that would talk back to her and give her their time. However, the whole time the boy would see her as a friend but she would see iit as something more serious. She would buy him things and tell him stuff she would usually tell me. I would always tell her that she is trying too hard and she needs to slow down, but she would not listen to me until the boy told her they was just friends . She then gets depressed and starts feeling that she is not enough. She would be happy to read your post.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your post is very inspiring and some of us females need each other to remind us what we are worth and capable of.

3. […] October 18, 2017October 18, 2017 perfectlyimperfectwisdom Picture Credit […]

4. Alexandria 11 months ago

Janyah.
    Hey Janyah,I love this it’s very inspirational!It is true though males are dirtbags and we should love our bodies no matter what they have to say.
    Alexandria.

5. Heather 11 months ago

Hi Janyah, thank you for posting this. Its a good reminded that what others think of you doesn’t define you.

6. Chanel 1 year ago

Dear Janyah,

I agree with what you’re saying, some boys in this generation don’t care about your personality they wouldn’t even try to get to know you. Your body is the only thing they are interested in and it’s sad how many girls go through things to please a boy and do anything for a boy to like them. Too many insecurities not enough confidence !!!

7. Jourdan M Erby 1 year ago

Janyah,

I really enjoyed reading this little uplifting motive. Body Image is an important thing to most girls and yes you should always want to stay healthy but changing and looking a certain way for someone else is not the way to go. I agree that the first things guys consider is the way a girl looks and to me that’s a problem. We just be loved and feel loved exactly the way we are.

8. Alli 1 year ago

Hi Janyah,

I think your writing really hits home with a lot of people and every girl can relate in some way, shape, or form. I think society is toxic when it comes to body image, and parents don’t do much to help when they raise their sons either. Great piece!

9. Ashton 1 year ago

Your message of self love is inspiring! Thanks for spreading the love Janyah.

10. Karla 2 years ago

Preach Janyah! Everyone should feel like this, but it is hard. Especially because people photoshop pictures on instagram and in magazines to make it seem like some women have perfect bodies when it’s not true!

11. Brianna 2 years ago

on god i kno im skinny as bones but idc

12. Kiara 2 years ago

I love my body!!!