This book is about Mona and her life and the path she has taken and the mistakes she has made growing up. She firstly talks about how much things she has regretted that she has done and how thankful she is to the people that made her realize that what she was doing wasn’t the right thing to do. She has always lived close to violence in a barrio in Santa Ana, she has experienced lots of things and also seen things that she should have not seen. Her father Raymond has always hated the gangs but admired police officers and the work they do he always wanted his daughters to be away from the gang life and be healthy. But his wish broke because Mona was a member of the Trooper Girls witch was a gang when she entered high school, this all happened because her only sister Lydia got pregnant and she left to go live with her “husband”. Mona was heartbroken and no one had her back so she decided to join a gang because she didn’t like people talking about her sister like she was trash she always had a fight to protect her sister. Later her father noticed something was wrong with her, will he find out? what will he say/do?

CC BY-SA 4.0 Two Badges, The lives of Mona Ruiz. Based On A True story. by Catarina is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.