“I was always a runt. But father taught me that size is no excuse for fear or losing.” This is one of the quotes that stood out to me in the novel that I am reading right now because I know it’s true and I can relate to it and I’m pretty sure other people can relate to it. The narrative was seen as someone that’s inferior  but her father taught her that no matter how you look, how you are, those things aren’t excuses for you to fear obstacles or give up during challenges. I can relate to this because my cousins tell me that all the time and I know I show no fear and I know I won’t give up in any battle in my life. The way my mindset is set right now will help me overcome any obstacle and succeed in life and that can relate to the narrative because she’s now a successful cop.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Two Badges: The Lives of Mona Ruiz by Maria is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.