A quote that stood out to me is, “Potato was already bleeding badly and Marty, perhaps frightened by what he had done ….Potato was in eighth grade. Marty …even younger, a seventh-grader (Ruiz, pg. 37, 1997)”. Potato was a friend of Mona, who laid underneath Mona’s ruined childhood tree dead. I have never experienced anything like that but from what I seen in the new worldwide is how teenagers shoot people and then shoot themselves. It connects because in these cases their both very young and maybe they were going through domestic violence back at home or other issues but there’s always always a reason why teens do this.  One thing I have seen well not actually seen but heard of is a student from my highschool getting shot and killed in his middle teens.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Two Badges The Lives of Mona Ruiz by Vanessa is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.