The topic I am going to dive into as a research paper is based on Christianity and how the customs of today’s Christianity differ from that of the early church and how they came to be. Some questions will be answered like what Easter is, why are there bunnies and eggs to paint then, Where did the bread and wine ceremony originate, and in general, how many teachings of Christians today evolved from Christian teachings from long ago.

Since this may be a sensitive topic in regards to bias, I will use many neutral texts based on history. One is Christianity Through the Centuries by Earle E. Caims, we are exposed to many controversies within the early church on teachings coming from Christ’s Church . It also relates to article by Early Church Texts which speaks of the same topic and includes other like the one of Quartodecimanism. The Wiley online library also speaks of the same matter as well explaining throughly the Jewish to Christian transfer of customs.

Early Church Texts: http://www.earlychurchtexts.com/public/eusebius_quartodeciman_controversy.htm

CC BY-SA 4.0 Early Christianity vs. Modern Christianity by Adrian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Nathan 8 months ago

Adrian, I am very interested to see what you find out about this topic. I have questions about where some customs came about. I think it’s good that you are keeping an open and neutral mind throughout this process.

2. Lula 8 months ago

Adrian, I love the topic you have chosen to do researcher on. I have personally have had questions about the beginnings of Christianity and how certain traditions have come about. I am Roman Catholic by practice, but also hold the same views as some Pentecostals and other Christian dominations. I also think that by keeping your research neutral you may find more correct and unbiased information that can use to explains the beginnings of not just one Christian faith practice, but many Christian faith practices.