Bernie Sanders is one of the only leading politicians in our country that supports strong government intervention and regulation of most processes. Sanders would argue that the government should pay for citizens’ higher educations, and that government should regulate all business growth and profits. Sanders adamantly rants against the controlling nature of big business in our country’s society. He argues that in order to make the system more equal and level out productivity and growth across the socioeconomic continuum, we ought to tax private enterprise heavily. He is also a huge proponent of bridging the wage gap, both between genders and between socioeconomic classes and ethnicities.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35364868

http://www.theatlantic.co m/international/archive/2016/03/bernie-sanders-democratic-socialism/471630/http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/03/bernie-sanders-democratic-socialism/471630/v

CC BY-SA 4.0 Bernie Sanders’ Socialism by Louis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Noyoltzin 10 months ago

Dear, Louis

I am very moved by your post Bernie Sanders’ Socialism. One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is “Bernie Sanders is one of the only leading politicians in our country that supports strong government intervention and regulation of most processes” this is such a good sentence because you are talking about Bernie Sanders’ good work and bringing up the fact that he supports strong government intervention and regulation. I do agree with you that Bernie is a strong politician! I honestly would have loved him as our president but sadly we don’t. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your post was very detailed and well explained. I also would like to see another post of yours because I also get to learn from you just like I learned that Bernie is one of the only leading politicians in our country just by reading your post!

2. Erin 11 months ago

I Ellie’s idea of comparing Bernie’s ideas with policies already in place in other countries is a great idea. Bernie’s socialism seems very radical to many people, but it really isn’t when you look at other free countries. In fact, we are just about the only advanced democratic nation that does not provide universal health care. I really like this topic, and I think you can do a lot with it!

3. Ellie 11 months ago

I’m very excited to see what you conclude in your research of Bernie Sanders. His belief in political intervention and the benefits that could ensue are very inspiring. I also think it would be interesting to see his ideas compared to policies already in place in other countries throughout the world. The cost of higher education is a very heated topic right now and it’s a great thing to bring to discussion as it is currently so controversial.

4. Malia 11 months ago

I love the topic that you’ve picked. I think that a lot of what Bernie supports can really relate to the younger generations. I am interested in seeing what else you find and if there is any possible way to bridge all the gaps in our society.