The subject I am focusing on for my Curious Researcher project is disability. I’ve been looking at how the disabled are treated and viewed upon. I’ve been researching what exactly is means to be disabled. I also have been looking at their success rate, by that I mean how many people whom are disabled are given the resources to be Successful.
I found that there are levels of dibalilities. For example there are (upper and lower) body disabilities classifications. Another classification of disabilities is head injuries. These are just some of the classifications. I have found that as time goes on, the better the disabled are treated. John F. Kennedy worked on support of the autistic and supported the scientific research on autism and the causes. I have also found that the success rate depends on the level of severity of the disability but there are lots of researches and medical advances for the disabled. How do you treat the disabled?

CC BY-SA 4.0 What does it mean to be disabled? by Ellisandra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jack 6 months ago

I really found you’re topic question to be very intriguing. What does it mean to be disabled? I feel like there is a stark contrast between someone being disabled and someone being handicapped. I consider myself disabled because I have to wear corrective lenses in order to drive, see the board at school, or even recognize faces. But I’m not really sure everyone else sees me as disabled because visual problems can be fixed as easily as wearing glasses. That somehow makes me hopeful though. I feel as technology progresses, we may find cures/fixes to other more severe disabilities, to the point that they are not even considered disabilities anymore because it can be fixed so easily. I hope for the day when paralysis can be fixed with a simple operation like poor eyesight and people don’t even see it as a disability.

2. Ellie 7 months ago

I think that this subject is one that is greatly necessary in our society today. People living with disabilities have tremendous strength, as do the families that support them. I can’t wait to hear about the topics you uncover and I think it would be very interesting to see how people with disabilities face discrimination, as well as dealing with their symptoms.

3. Emma 7 months ago

I think this is a great subject to do a research project on. It is something we are seeing more and more of today. This should be very interesting and I am interested in reading your research paper.