Weed is legal, but do teens use it appropriately?

Drugs are bad for you because once you use it once you will get addicted to them. Neighborhoods don’t agree with children having to use drugs  to be relax. People in my community said “I have seen kids maybe 14-16 using drugs. I just don’t think it is not right like don’t they have parents to teach them that drugs are bad.” (K Montoya)

CC BY-SA 4.0 Is smoking weed an addiction in Oakland? by Adanely is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Author
    Adanely 6 months ago

Gladys,
    if you want to know more you can visit this page http://www.theoaklandpress.com/article/op/20130919/NEWS/130919073
    it tells you how oakland has dealt with drugs.

2. Jessica 6 months ago

Adanely,

It is enlightening to see that you are interested in bringing this topic up and incorporating real life issues from your community. It is concerning to hear that marijuana use is becoming so big among youth and I would like to hear more of what your community members think about this.

3. uihwiud kuhdgius 7 months ago

Dear Adanely,

I am interested in, you post because kids are smoking and addicted to drugs and Oakland.

One thing you said that stands out for me is: ” People in my community said “I have seen kids maybe 14-16 using drugs.” I think this is interesting because kids at a young age are using them.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i caught my little sister smoke weed when she was 13 years old.
    Thanks for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because i’m really interested in more information that you may bring to the table.

4. Gladys 7 months ago

Adanely,
    I am interested in how kids see marijuana, do you think the opinions from parents and their kids are very different? I really like how you were able to get information from real parents.