Do you think drug users regret using drugs because they ruin lives? A drug addiction can be serious because you can lose family and your money wasting on drugs just to look cool or feel a certain way. The evidence from Darryl “Lil D” Reed, a former drug dealer from Oakland, and interviews with current Oakland residents prove that most drug users regret beginning to use drugs and want teens to never start using.

Firstly most drug users regret using drugs as shown by one of Oakland’s biggest dealer who is  now an adult. Darryl “Lil D” Reed is now in jail longer than his whole life than he was freed.

Somethings I may be talking about will be about Felix and Reed and the interview that I did. Drugs users may think drugs won’t be a huge damage at first but then your body will want more and more drugs until the body is satisfied.

In an article I read it said something about him regretting to use them because it may cause other people to be harmed. Scott Johnson says “I don’t want you guys to make the same mistakes I made when I was young ….. You’re putting your lives on the line and other people’s lives on the line”. This show he wants people to think twice and make the right decision instead of making the wrong ones. After he started using drugs or trying to get drugs he could’ve gotten shot and has spent more of his life behind bars than out. Reed is trying to get other teens to don’t live the life he had because you can be put in jail and maybe you will never get out of the jail. The article comes from ( Former Drug Dealer Speaks To Youth, Urges A Different Path) By Scott Johnson.

My next piece of evidence is from an interview I did. The person I interviewed wanted to be anonymous. Some background on the person is that she lived in oakland for 16 years and she has done this project before and she knows some information about oakland on the topic about  drug users regret beginning to use drugs and want teens to never start using. I ask her some questions about this and here is something that. she said, “I think drug users helps us understand that we all make mistakes but if teens want to use drugs well that is their life to experience but i think that is a good thing that drug user try to make teens not do it”. This shows that she doesn’t want teens to use but if they do well i think they should. If teens want to make mistakes and they have to learn their own way.

My last piece of evidence comes from an article that i searched up it is called 3 kinds of drugs dealers studies says by Jimmy Hoover. This article talks about how teens are becoming drug dealers at school! A quote that is similar to my thesis is. Jimmy Hoover says.”the researchers panned through a pool of 12 to 17 year olds from across the country to find 3080 adolescents who reported to have sold drugs in the last 12 months’’. This matters because it saying that young adults are becoming drug dealer which may impact the teens lives. Their life is at risk to go get the drugs they could get killed or they can go to jail and be locked up for their whole lives.

In conclusion i believe  drug users regret beginning to use drugs and want teens to never start using. I think teens should think twice about what they do.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Drug Users Regret Using Drugs by Yasmin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Sandra 7 months ago

Hi Yasmin,
    I really liked reading your post. The title you used was eye catching. The topic about drugs and the consumption of drugs is an event that many adolescents are exposed to. Your researched proved the beginning question you were asking, “Do you think drug users regret using drugs because they ruin lives?” Your researched demonstrated that drug users do in fact regret using drugs, because they expose drugs to others that are around them. Drug users know about the consequences of consuming drugs and don’t want others to suffer those consequences. I agree with your overall conclusion that drug users regret consuming drugs and exposing it to people they love. Great research Yasmin.

Yasmin 6 months ago

Dear Sandra,
      Thank you for liking my post. I hope you got some good information about drug users. Did you have any questions about my report? if so ask them and i will reply back as soon as possible. what made you wanna read my report about drug users? Thank you Sandra hope you reply soon.

2. Dezarae 7 months ago

Dear Yasmin,
    You made a very good point when including your interviewers statement “your putting your own life on the line as well as others”. This quote really stood out to me I also am glad you included the information about addiction because drug use really does become a bad habit that is nearly impossible to break. I know many people who sold drugs at a young age to make money or hung around people doing drugs “because it was cool” and like you pointed out they all say they regret and they wish they weren’t so focused on being cool. Many people try drugs thinking it’s going to be only once or twice but before they know it they become addicted. People lose jobs, families, their homes, drugs can cause a person to lose their whole life. I am so glad you were able to interview multiple people and hear their experiences and then write this post to share their experience with others, I really enjoyed reading your post.

3. MIguel 7 months ago

Dear Yasmin,
    I am amazed by your post, “Drug Users Regret Using Drugs,” because in your post, you gave excellent information. When i read your post I remembered about me and my friend having a conversation on how he wants to stop doing drugs but he can’t.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Reed is trying to get other teens to don’t live the life he had because you can be put in jail and maybe you will never get out of the jail.” I think this is outstanding because theres adults that want to help teens to follow the step they been through. The thing Reed is doing is something good so teens could see its not the best thing to sell drugs.
    Another sentence that I admired was “Their life is at risk to go get the drugs they could get killed or they can go to jail and be locked up for their whole lives” This stood out for me because this is true and one of my friends got caught selling drugs in street so he’s doing time in jail.
    I do completely agree with you that it’s hard for teens to stop doing drugs. One reason I say this is because my friend started doing drugs since he was a freshman and now that he’s a senior he tries to stop but he can’t. Another reason I agree/ with you is that selling drugs do make you end up in jail or end up dead.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you wrote about a topic that is connected to my life. Im also looking forward to come back too because you had great evidence. DONT DO DRUGS OR DONT SELL DRUGS, YOU COULD DO SOMETHING BETTER WITH YOUR LIFE. STAY IN SCHOOL.

Miguel

4. Tomas 7 months ago

Dear Yasmin :

I am shocked with your post, “Drug Users Regret Using Drugs” because it is very surprising how people in Oakland know so much about what drugs do to you and it affects our lives and the ones around us. I liked how you used evidence and quotes from actual people that went through the struggle to prove your point.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: ““I don’t want you guys to make the same mistakes I made when I was young ….. You’re putting your lives on the line and other people’s lives on the line”. This show he wants people to think twice and make the right decision instead of making the wrong ones.” I think this is very powerful because it is a very good advice that people don’t usually always follow and that really affects our lives in a very negative way.

Another sentence that I liked was: ““I think drug users helps us understand that we all make mistakes but if teens want to use drugs well that is their life to experience but i think that is a good thing that drug user try to make teens not do it”” This stood out for me because this is very true, former drug users try to encourage teens not use drugs because it is bad for them, and they try to tell them and sometimes show them how using drugs would affect them.

I do completely agree with you that drugs are bad to abuse because it usually ends up with people hurt or in sometimes dead.One reason I say this is because i read the quotes you used as your evidence, Another reason I agree because i have had relatives abusedrugs and it did not end up good.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I feel like you have a really good topic going here, and if you decide to write about something else then you will use the proper evidence like you did in this post.

5. corell 7 months ago

dear yasmin

i am you are very right about drugs take away your family and your money i am very happy that someone agrees with methank for your writing. i look forward to seeing what you write next