Clever Hans is about an 18-year-old boy who is just hopelessly in love with a girl named Gretel. They are from two different worlds, but they eventually collide with one another. Hans must choose whether to be clever or just go with the flow, in risk of his love for Gretel. In this animation, you must choose Hans’ and Gretel’s fate.

Here is the animation:

This animation was made as my project. This project consisted of using codes and being able to make a plot for a story. We had to make an alternative ending for a story that is different from the original and tells a moral lesson. I picked the story “Clever Hans” by Bother’s Grim. During this project, we had to plan the story itself to develop a plot. We made a script to plan the dialogues of the characters to make sure there is an understanding that the audience will feel also. We also made a storyboard, which is like a comic strip. The storyboard was a visual of the script and its gist before the animation, and it just makes sure everything is organized. Before we started with any of the animation, we also made a plan or schedule as some might know it as.

During this project, we had to plan the story itself to develop a plot. We made a script to plan the dialogues of the characters to make sure there is an understanding that the audience will feel also. We also made a storyboard, which is like a comic strip. The storyboard was a visual of the script and its gist before the animation, and it just makes sure everything is organized. Before we started with any of the animation, we also made a plan or schedule as some might know it as. After the planning, I made my animation using the website http://scratch.mit.edu for coding.

Fist step: Script

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pKEkbgEhlhp4GZ81YYh-BHe6-6tijRqKP2dvg_wFw2Y/edit?usp=sharing

Second step: Storyboard (Comic Strips)

Third step: Planning or Schedule

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x1JeHi2d3myIgcHYjTrKfy0eOTyr0FYxrSyLzAhGcUM/edit?usp=sharing

Last step: Animation (Codes)

CC BY-SA 4.0 Clever Hans (Remixed) by Maria Sandee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Robin 12 months ago

Maria,

Wow!! This was really cool. I really like the way that you created your story and I really enjoyed the way the animation played out. I’m not an extremely artistic person, but I felt like it was really REALLY cool to see your animation!!! Being able to do things like that will be really helpful in the future, I’m sure of it. Congrats on completing this project!