This animation was inspired by Aesop’s version of the story. This is a interactive animation that allows the viewer to decide what the protagonist should do. In this animation, a Woodsman drops his only axe in a river. However, a man named Mercury pops up and decides to retrieve it for him. When Mercury comes back, he brings a golden axe instead of the Woodsman’s axe. The Woodsman has to decide whether to lie or tell the truth.

There were many steps involved in making this animation. I first needed to pick a fable to base my animation off of. I then separated the fable into two Acts in my script. I had to modify the fable a bit to it fit in the animation. Once I modified the original story, I had to make an alternate version to allow the animation go in two different ways. So I made two endings to the original fable. Then I had to make storyboards to pinpoint the main events in the animation, and to visualize how the story was going to look like.

This is a link to my script:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18tM4-Q4FyFF3R7bW88lIUbBrpnwdFA66Go83c_PNC5o/edit?usp=sharing

Here are my storyboards:

CC BY-SA 4.0 Mercury and the Woodsman (remixed) by Jonathan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.