,

Many people have loved fairy tales for so many years. But sometimes we wonder, “How could it end differently?” For this project, we made an animation of the original, and also made it interactive; the viewer will be able to make a decision that will impact the ending in a way never seen before…

Before animation or scripting could be possible, a decision must have been made on: which story we would choose, and also what the alternate decision will be. It is what will make this animation interactive. Second, we made scripts, for the purpose of referring to it while making storyboards.

Here is a link to my script:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qReXC62dZHAIzCHdbKdo6H7fpErBrAEXRhFeD8rj7UM/edit

Third, we had to create storyboards. These elaborate on the details that will compose the animation visually. They also finalize your design, and, like a script, provide as something to refer to while animating.

STORYBOARDS

Act 1

Act 2A and 2B

After making storyboards, we animated. I had to be very careful not to mix the blocks for the alternate ending with the blocks for the original. I used the “Ask” block for interactivity. Animation helped the viewer to understand the story easily, and also helped them to make a connection to the original story. To make an animation, I had to establish backdrops and sprites that best fit the story. These are important to understand the mood of the story.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Hansel and Gretel (remixed) by Shantanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.