Water poverty is a major problem in our world today. There are many countries that suffer from water scarcity.

One that stands out the most is India. India’s growing population has put a big toll on their natural resources. The water is contaminated by sewage and agricultural runoffs.

The country has made some improvements to the availability and quantity of water there are still rural places in India that are going without water. Along with the fact that they don’t have access to enough water, the water they have access to is contaminated which is the cause for 21% of the country’s water-related diseases.

In the bigger towns located in India they have access to water, but in the rural parts of the country, they don’t have as much. This causes the people to dig wells for groundwater which also depletes the water quantity.

The overall message is that India is running out of water availability in their country.

Our society needs to but an end to this environmental injustice and help India regain their water supply to help the growing population in years to come.

https://thewaterproject.org/water-crisis/water-in-crisis-india

http://water.org/country/india/

CC BY-SA 4.0 Water for the World by Samantha is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Yuliana 7 months ago

Dear Samantha,
    I agree with you that we have to help India. There is many other places not just rural parts of India that only have access to contaminated water. The country of India should help its inhabitants to have a source of clean water. In my opinion I feel like governments and presidents of different parts of the world should help India as well as other places. As a nation we should help me each other not be greedy because we have clean water that other people don’t have. We as people need to do the best to help each other. I enjoyed your post it was really informative and interesting.

2. Chloe 8 months ago

Well done. I agree with you that we as a country, society, and world, need to support one another. Your research about India is good, and we should try to start there, but I am sure there are other places that are in need too. With the world’s ever growing population, we need to provide for the future generations. Good job!

3. Shelby 8 months ago

I completely agree with you in that we as a country, need to take measures to help preserve the water resources in India. We need to come up with solutions to assist people in the rural areas of India. The question is how, when, who, and with what resources?