Christmas is right around the corner, friends. The holiday season is one filled with joy and excitement. You know what brings me joy and excitement? Conspiracy theories. Here’s some Christmas conspiracy theories to spice up your holiday season.

Jolly ol’ Saint Nicholas is a beloved figure to many, but not all. Some say that Santa is actually Satan in disguise because he dresses in Satan’s favorite colors and travels the world in a single night. In addition, the letters in ‘Santa’ can be rearranged to ‘Satan.’ Hmmmm…

On a slightly heavier note, many people think there is a ‘war on Christmas.’ Some Christians argue that large corporations avoid using the word “Christmas” because atheists are on a mission to secularize the season that they believe should be focused around Jesus. Not like there are any other holidays going on and the “anti-Christmas” folks could be trying to create a more inclusive holiday environment for everyone to enjoy. Of course not, that would be crazy.

Happy Holidays!

5 Christmas Conspiracies and Urban Legends – X Factor, Santa and mince pies made from human flesh

http://www.moonchild.ch/Holidays/Xsanta.html

Photo by Bev Goodwin

CC BY-SA 4.0 A Christmas Conspiracy by Olivia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Jack 8 months ago

Olivia,
    I, too, am a lover of conspiracy theories. To think that Santa Claus might be the anti-Christ blows my mind. Since you brought this to light, I don’t believe I can look at Santa the same way again. One question though, how does Mrs. Claus tie into this? For that matter, how do the reindeer, elves, workshop, and the North Pole tie into this. If you could clear that up for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Author
    Olivia 8 months ago

Thanks for sharing, Heidi. What a bizarre tradition!

3. Heidi 8 months ago

This is very interesting. I am a bit of a Scrooge myself and don’t live Christmas, or any holiday for that matter. The Germans have a Christmas tradition that I find pretty funny, der Krampus. Der Krampus punishes bad children by hitting them with sticks and takes them to the Underworld.
    Here’s a link to an article I found explaining the history of the German tradition:
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/12/131217-krampus-christmas-santa-devil/