Capital punishment, also known as the death penalty is a government sanctioned practice where a person is sentenced to death after convicted for a crime. The death penalty has become a very controversial topic on whether it is ethical or an appropriate punishment for criminals. As of April 2016, capital punishment is legal in 31 states and is becoming less popular. Supporters of the death penalty argue “an eye for an eye” or that because they have taken the life of someone else they no longer have the right to life. Those against capital punishment believe the death penalty to be inhumane and violates a person’s rights to life.  

There are pros and cons to the death penalty, but in the end justice must be served.  A pro to the death penalty is it is the cheapest way to remove the criminals from the society.  If the money isn’t spent on the criminal’s life in prison it can be used towards the betterment of society.  A con to the death penalty is, it is often seen as the easy way out for the criminalCas.  Those sentenced to the death penalty are those who have committed serious crimes and deserve serious punishment.  If they are sentenced to death, they often don’t have time to think repent and spend their life in prison enduring their punishment.  

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/death-penalty/us-death-penalty-facts

https://www.britannica.com/topic/capital-punishment

CC BY-SA 4.0 Capital Punishment by Grace is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.