Something that has been of interest for me lately has been the majority opinions on death shared by Americans, particularly regarding abortions and capital punishment. To me it seems like a one or another opinion. Those for abortions, oppose capital punishment; the inverse is also true. The American people are typically for one, yet against the other. A confounding thought seeing as how aren’t both of these issues nearly the same general idea? With the influence of politicians holding legal sway, opinions become more outspoken as the threat of both procedures legality being threatened, Americans voiced their thoughts more fully. In the years to come, to see where capital punishments and abortions go in the future will be something to behold.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The American Stance on Death by Maggie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Nikki 7 months ago

This was a very interesting article and you brought up some great points! In my opinion these issues are not the same. When a women has an abortion the fetus is usually a ball of cells at that point and cannot feel pain. Some argue that it is not really a human yet.On the other hand there is no debating that you are actually killing a human in the case of the death penalty.