You know after talking to you

Sometimes,
Just sometimes, I think about dying
Not like, I’m sick of my life dying
But
If I died tomorrow
I would tell you everything
Like,
How I love that you pretend not to care
But you care so much
Or how I hate
When you take hours to reply
Or when you don’t text at all
How your always right
But most of all I’m pretty sure I hate
That I really don’t hate you
Not even a little
In fact, it’s quite the opposite
You always make me smile
Even when I don’t wanna
Always answer my calls
when you don’t necessarily want to
You always
Make me find myself
And slow down a little
You…
I just don’t know
You make me feel like me
So yeah
If you asked
I do not want to die tomorrow
But just so you know
What you really mean to me

Creative Commons on Flickr, Moyan Brenn

CC BY-SA 4.0 Dear You by Ajonea is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Alli 5 months ago

Great poem! I think many teenagers can relate. It reminded me of the movie Ten Things I Hate About You.

2. Katie 8 months ago

I really like this poem, I can relate to it which is a very important thing that makes writing good. You use good description that helps the reader imagine two people that love each other. Feelings of love are very powerful, and you channel them well. Great job, I liked this poem and the impact it had.

3. Sid 8 months ago

Hey Ajonea,
    I really liked this poem, the line breaks add significance to each line and I especially enjoyed how you tied the ending back to the beginning.

4. Asha 8 months ago

This poem is really deep; I really liked it. I also like how you came in complete circle by going back to saying something about dying. This also reminded me of that movie, Ten Things I Hate About You, when the main character was saying something similar. Great job!

5. Bella 9 months ago

I thought your poem was really well written, I felt a lot of meaning behind it. You addressed things that aren’t always talked about, but you know it was happening, like ‘When you take hours to reply’ and the pretending not to care, which was very nicely worded. Those are little things that can show love and start fights, they hold a lot of emotion. I do think you could’ve made the ending flow a little better but overall I think you did a very nice job with this poem. You have a great voice, and I would love to see more of your work!

6. Rosamary 9 months ago

your poem is really good it has a lot of meaning

7. Lisa 9 months ago

this poem is so good! It has a deep meaning. I like how this poem has a good flow.

8. Ymani 9 months ago

I really like the emotion in your poem, its something that many many people could relate. 10/10 would recommend

9. Christopher 9 months ago

very depressing

10. Julius 9 months ago

very good poem. I like how you made the poem fits with problems a lot of people have today like people not responding to the texts

11. Gezebel 9 months ago

I really like your poem. You are connecting it to your personal life which will help you write more poems. I like the way you worded your poem.