In my expository writing class,  we were told to start a research project on a topic we really care about and want to know more of. I have decided to write about the increased persecution of the Christian church all over the world.

In the USA we are blinded to these horrors because we live in a predominantly Christian nation, but in many other places, Christians are kicked out of their homes, beaten, imprisoned, and murdered for their faith in Jesus the Christ.

As a religious Christian, I am hoping to go on many missions in my future and I want to know what places will need my help and prayers. Also, I am hoping to shine more of a light on this increasing problem so that more people will help fight against it.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Increased Persecution of Christians by Blake is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Lily 1 year ago

Blake, I like your idea. However, maybe instead of focusing solely on how your own religion is persecuted, perhaps you could also include how your religion persecutes others? I feel that religious pressures on different faiths is prevelant in all sectors. If you talked about both sides, and perhaps proposed a solution to both issues, your paper will have a stronger holding in that it loses a lot of its bias and becomes more neutral and can be applied to many things. Nice idea though!

2. Ryan 1 year ago

Hey Blake,
    I enjoyed reading your post. I havnt heard much a about this topic, but I have heard some. I think your topic is really important. Have you found some specific examples to use? I can tell this topic is really important to you and I can’t wait to see your final piece!
    Good work!

3. Jack 1 year ago

You would think that since we are a Christian dominated nation we would hear about this issue more on the media, it is interesting that we don’t. I would give more specific examples to prove your point, but good thesis.

4. Foster 1 year ago

Religious persecution is a serious problem. It needs to be addressed more formally and taken seriously. It is hard to be open about my faith at many times and I wish it wasn’t always this way.

5. Addie 1 year ago

Specific examples of this persecution should be included in the future but I do think that being a religious person in any religion can sometimes be dangerous. I think it is most important to remain open minded on all fronts so that humans do face any kind of persecution for any reason in the future.

6. Hannah 1 year ago

I think this piece is a good stepping stone, however I think it would benefit for more specific examples i.e specific places where Christian executions are demonstrated. While I understand this concern, and share it as well as your faith, I think this piece just needs a little bit more support. Also comparison with other persecutions from other religions could support this, and maybe describe why else they are getting persecuted other than just having faith in Jesus Christ, like openly worshiping.

7. Tommy 1 year ago

Hi Blake! If you could leave some definite examples of christian persecution, that would be great. Also, you could compare christian persecution to persecutions of Jews and Muslims. You should also show how much persecution has increased, as you claim it in the title, and sadly, provide only a nice allegory to back it up.

8. Tom 1 year ago

It’s not quite true that there are “many places” in which Christians are persecuted. In fact, Christians are persecuted less frequently than any religion on Earth.

9. Maggie 1 year ago

I can relate to this as I’ve grown up in a neighborhood that isn’t exactly kind to my faith. Although I never went through extremes, I was excluded from things as a kid and never was a part of neighborhood activities growing up. Being proud of your faith isnt easy, especially when it goes against the majority.