Riot, Riot, Riot!

Riot, riot, riot!

Scream ’till your lungs burn,

Burn your messages in their minds.

Riot, riot, riot!

Let’s all try and trump Trump,

Steal his voice. Silence him like he does to us.

Riot, riot, riot!

Let’s cause a RIOT!

Rip away the title he cheated.

Riot, riot, riot!

Photo by alpuerto

CC BY-SA 4.0 Riot, Riot, Riot! by Skayla is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Josh
    Josh 1 month ago

Skayla,
    I think we should oppose Trump however we should do it peacefully and respectfully.

2. Profile photo of Siena
    Siena 4 months ago

Skayla- at first I thought that maybe your poem would benefit from more specificity about what exactly Trump does to us and how you think we should respond. However, I realized that the ambiguity of your poem may have been intentional for added dramatic effect which I think you succeeded in doing. My question for you is- what about Trump angers you most?

3. Profile photo of Giselle
    Giselle 5 months ago

I think your poem does a very good job at offering such a powerful message about what is occurring in our society. With repition and other literary tools your poem is powerful and has a great style and sound.

4. Profile photo of Jackson
    Jackson 5 months ago

This poem does a very good job at raising the intense feeling that both the pace of your poem and message encourages us too. Leaving out the politics you had very good pacing of your stanza and keep your point short and sweet.

5. Profile photo of Max
    Max 5 months ago

Dear Skayla:

I am satisfied with your poem, “Riot, Riot, Riot!,” because… You expressed the hate everyone should be feeling for trump, and also described some bad things trump does to us.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Steal his voice. Silence him like he does to us.

” I think this is accurate because trump always goes “SSHHHH!!!” whenever somebody tries to talk at one of his rallies.

Another sentence that I noticed was: “ Riot, riot, riot!

Scream ’till your lungs burn,

Burn your messages in their minds” This stood out for me because you’re going a bit over the top. Trump is a terrible person and all, but this is a bit extreme.

I do thankfully agree with you that Trump is bad. One reason I say this is because he is rude and disrespectful to women as a whole. Another reason I agree with you is because trump is an offense to all immigrants in our country, Muslims, Mexicans, and many more.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I want to see you react more to political events that will change history.