About what has already been done

people fighting

for what they believe

is right

hoping to make a difference

to change our future

to lead us in the right way

Our country

being put in the hands

of the evil

Our youth will fight

until there is no more hope

because we are

the future of this country

we shall start

deciding where we want to go

and what our future will be

Photo by mccun934

CC BY-SA 4.0 Our Youth by Johanna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Will 9 months ago

I like the poem! I think the youth needs to get more educated before we can make any definite decisions on anything, and that starts with each individual student. We need to learn about issues so we can address them, not just complain about them. Your poem has a very inspiring flow to it. I think that even one more stanza would have made it really sink in.

2. Jack 9 months ago

Johanna, beautiful poem. The lack of punctuation makes the poem flow very nicely and really adds to the meaning that our country will go on, thanks to the youth of our great nation. However, what many people have failed to see lately is that we truly are a great nation. During the election, everyone seemed to lose their faith and pride in America, and after the results, people wanted to leave the country because they thought it would be doomed. People need to remember how great the U.S.A. is and know that nothing can change that.

3. Samuel 9 months ago

You are totally right! All throughout school the day after election I heard how our world and future is doomed. Yet what our generation is still ignorant about is that our future of our country is dependent on us not our current president. It is our adversity that will make us successful and such a great generation unlike the type if generation we have claimed to be.