I am from Kelloggs in the kitchen and Clorox bleach for milk

The bed where I jump and flipped on the sheets of silk

With fans blazing in the background

The large oak tree in my backyard swaying with the strong winds

I am from marshmallows and snickers

Smores the soft crunch

From Zara and Hayden

The welcoming with open arms

From be safe to stay out of  trouble

I’m from Denmark and USA

From the messed up tattoo on my mom’s neck

In my room the family photos

I’m from the good the bad days

I am from me…

Photo by Ally Mauro

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Good, the Bad Days by Rocky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Autumn 8 months ago

Hi Rocky,
    I really enjoyed your poem. I love these style of poems as you get to learn about the author’s past. I really liked your last line of “I am from me..,” it was a really cool way for you to end it.

2. Janessa 11 months ago

Dear rocky, I really like your poem. I thought it was well written in a way in which you think you know alot about the author but you really dont. I think its relateable, especially with the first line ” I am from the Kelloggs from the kitchen and Clorox bleach for milk”. Its really great, i can even relate to that. It was dark and brooding but it had a nice feeling to it. Keep up the nice work

3. Katelyn 11 months ago

I really liked your first line. I am, however, slightly confused by the line, ” from the messed up no my mom’s neck”. I think if you clarified or expand on this it would help make your poem even better.