You remember the long,
hot summer days.

They remember the amazing blue skies
and the exotic animals and fruits.

You remember the terrible storms and nearby earthquakes
that terrified you all day long.

They remember the sweet smell of untainted oil
from every stick shift car that passed by.

You both remember the rice and beans
that brought you and them together ever so closer.

You remember the Dominican Republic.

Photo by Stupid Dingo

CC BY-SA 4.0 You and They by Dylan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Rocky 9 months ago

Dear Dylan,

I liked your use of imagery, it really caught my eye and I was able to picture what was going on in your poem. I like the name of your poem, “You and They”. This title doesn’t give away to much about the poem. I was drawn to this poem because I wanted to know what it was about and what it had to do with “You and They”. Anyway, great poem.

2. Hailey 9 months ago

Dear Dylan:

I really love how you change between you and them. One of my favorite parts is when you wrote, “They remember the amazing blue skies
    and the exotic animals and fruits.You remember the terrible storms and nearby earthquakes that terrified you all day long.” To me I see it as two different perspectives.

3. Rosamary 9 months ago

Dear dylan :

honestly,truly your poem is good. you use alot of adjectives and stuff.