I remember the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. theme song, its chorus revolving around my most said mistake
I remember the love that was kept from myself or was never there in the first place
I remember looking towards the clouds. trying to find those shapes that no one saw
but missing the ones that stood right in front of me
Maybe becauseI I allow myself to be consumed by things of little importance
Or look for problems that just simply aren’t there, like a blind man looking for his reading glasses
I remember me not wanting to remember. But memories must be served by five-star attention
Because I remember is not the same as letting go
neither is the same as letting go wanting to forget

CC BY-SA 4.0 Clouds by Matthew is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Melissa 11 months ago

I think this relates with real life emotions. It’s a very good poem that express a lot of feelings. It also says that we allow ourselves to be consumed by things of little importance, and that’s actually true so it talks about very realistic things.