1. Kasey 9 months ago

Dear Jessie,
    I love this poem its short but has lots of meaning and that’s really interesting to me. But one thing I would have liked is that you should have started the poem with ”I want-for president” that would have made the poem a little better to find for me personally. But the fact that you didn’t do that didn’t make it basic,so good work.

Jessie 8 months ago

Hey Kasey thanks for the reply poiuytrewsxcvbhjuytrfdcvbhjhgtfdcvbnjkuygfvbnklpoiuytrewqazxcvbnm,lkjhgfdsaqwertyuiopuytrewqasdfghjuhghgfgfgtfgtfghjhjh

2. Miguel 9 months ago

It is a good poem, it shows how People in USA don’t like trump and protest against him.

3. Martin 9 months ago

I feel that Donad Trump should not be president but I can’t worry because the election is over and we have to wait until January

4. Barbara 9 months ago

On this poem you can see that some people don’t like trump in consequence of this, they say trump is not their president.

5. Sebastian 9 months ago

This poem is good they tell that Trump will not be thier president, and people are protesting in all the country of the USA.

6. Dave 9 months ago

This poem is short yet so powerful in meaning. The last line in particular ends it strong.

7. Suzanna 9 months ago

This is a very concise and I think it gets your point across. I get the sense that you are very passionate about what you are protesting against. The last line of the poem is very powerful statement and ends the poem perfectly.

8. Mimi 9 months ago

I actually liked the length of the poem, it conveyed the message without getting too messy. I really like the imagery in this poem, I felt as if I was in the crowd.

9. Montana 9 months ago

Even though this poem is really short, it does have a lot of meaning to it. I love how it shows a lot of feeling and how you are trying to speak the truth. Great job!

10. Foster 9 months ago

I think this is great. This peom reaches many levels and is able to be analyzed well. I think you could refine a few points and it’ll be even better. Good job.

11. Zach 9 months ago

While the main idea of your poem is simply an inaccurate notion, I do believe your poem is very well constructed, concise, and instills vivid imagery as well. While Donald Trump will be your, and every American citizen’s president on January 20th, you capture the essence of a protester in this poem, using words such as “hoarse” and “puddles”.

12. Addie 9 months ago

I agree with Lula that the length of the poem speaks volumes because it isn’t filled with the “what ifs'” or “give him a chance” kind of attitude that is shown in our media right now. This is beautiful poem and I love the imagery, I felt like I was a protester in the crowd.

13. Dani.ing 9 months ago

I like how short and sweet this is. I also really like how you were able to make your point in a very strong way without posing an attack on others who may have the opposite views you do. I also like hie you took s stand in such a strong way without getting into any kind of argument.

14. Lula 9 months ago

The brevity of this poem highlights its true significance: the nonacceptance of Presidential Elect Donald Trump. I liked how you included imagery of a protester that would be in the crowd. The physical images of ” puddles in [ your] shoes” and “a hoarse voice,” allow readers to better sense and image the underlying emotion of the speaker of the poem. A lot of times when we see people discussing Donald Trump and who are opposed to him, they often exhaust themselves in trying to express their opinion. By you simply saying in the last line of your poem ” Trump is many things, but he is not (this word is in bold) my president,” you capture the mindset of many protesters in one short line.

15. Nathan 9 months ago

This is a really cool poem. Even though it is short and simple, I feel like you really got a strong message across. You didn’t waste any lines, each one made it very clear and vivid how much this meant to you. I like the line about consequences not crossing your mind, that really tied the poem together well. Really good job, keep writing.