The space between that barrier and I seems to be infinite

So many words lost in translation, it’s hard living in separate worlds.

One planet, different spaces, different nights and different mornings

set flame to all the stars you gave me leaving me with the perfect pearl.

On one night you were very close

The apple to my eye, still near but very far. Now there is just between us.

sleep tight.

This poem is inspired by Spaces are death by Mei-Mei Berssenbrugge.

Photo by NASA Goddard Photo and Video

CC BY-SA 4.0 Spaces Seem Infinite, and You Don’t Exist. by Jessie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Zachary 11 months ago

I loved the words you used in this poem, they paint a very vivid picture of what you are saying

2. Mimi 11 months ago

This is a really great poem, I loved how you compared how large space was with how large you felt the space was between you and that person. Really great job, I love your writing!

Jessie 11 months ago

Thank you so much!

3. Jackson 11 months ago

Beautiful poem, I think your use of descriptive words fit really well together and help to escalate your poem as a whole. The poem flows well and each thought you provide for us to all question is spaced far enough that we can think each through individual idea.

Jessie 11 months ago

This was very insightful, thank you.

4. Genevieve 11 months ago

I really liked this. It is really crazy how big space is and our true relevance in it all. Keep writing poems you’re very talented.

Jessie 11 months ago

thank you!

5. Skylar 11 months ago

This was a really incredible poem, something I’ve never really read before. It was incredibly cool to see the description of the relationship of the person and universe. It really portrayed the power of space and the major effect it has on us, and our minds. Its something in our lives that is always changing yet always constant.

Jessie 11 months ago

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it.

6. Ben 11 months ago

I really like this poem, I think it’s so interesting how small we are. It’s crazy to think how many galaxies there are and how small we really are. It might make things hard for us to determine what our purpose in life is (because of how small we are), but I guess that’s why it’s worth it

Jessie 11 months ago

That is exactly how I feel!

7. Sharlee 11 months ago

Very interesting poem! I’m going to go on a little tangent here and say that I actually had a dream I had fallen into space! I was launched through at light speed, and after flying through space for what seemed like months or years, it was only when I was caught by an infinite being that I was returned to Earth.

This poem’s construction is very well done. First, the “space” is addressed, it is pondered upon, but then the poem grounds you back on Earth when the author talks about another person hinted at by “us.” It’s a very concise poem, yet it is very tasteful!

Good job. Hope to hear more from you soon!

Jessie 11 months ago

Thank you!

8. Anna 11 months ago

I really enjoyed this poem. It really gives a feeling of what space is like and has great vibes to it. It’s calming a has a great tone. Well done.

Jessie 11 months ago

Thank you.

9. Trevor 11 months ago

I agree with Ryan, very deep. It made me ponder the vastness of space. I wish you could see the stars better from my house. When I am out camping i cant help but go into deep thought about what is out there. This reminded me lot of that feeling.

Jessie 11 months ago

I can’t really see the stars from my house either, I know exactly what feeling you are describing, thank you for reading my poem.

10. Shelby 11 months ago

I think this is a beautiful and very relatable poem to those who have relationships-not just romantic ones but friendly and family-like bonds with others. Using the universe in the context of the person you are addressing is clever in that its seems like at time the person can be a universe away.

Jessie 11 months ago

Thank you, that was one thing I was trying to convey.

11. Jessica 11 months ago

Wow. This is a really interesting poem. I liked how you compared your relationship of the person you are addressing to the universe. For example, you said the universe can seem both near and far. This is similar to how sometimes a relationship with someone can feel close, but at other times, it can feel universes away. Sometimes, like at night, the universe seems like it is right in front of you. But at other times, during the bright blue of the day, it can seem like it is far away.

Jessie 11 months ago

Thank you very much!

12. Ryan 11 months ago

This was a very deep piece of work and I strongly admire that, because I don’t think I would be able to write anything of this caliber. Also, I think that you really captured the essence of the power and size that space has; and also the effects it can have in a person’s mind. The way it can seem almost endless, yet it is also right in front of our faces, is an important part of what you wrote, and probably my favorite part of what you wrote.

Jessie 11 months ago

Thank you very much for the thoughtful comment, space has always been something I was interested in and I’m glad you enjoyed my poem.