With the election now over and the Americans done with the election of 2016, many now look towards President-elect Donald Trump with both hope and anger. 

Despite Donald Trump’s rapid rise to the top with the Republican people of America, there is much hate in the country towards the new president and many people asking why the country has resorted in this. 

I believe that despite your personal views, we need to now support the President as our president. Nothing now will change his election into office and we as Americans need to understand that. We the people are the ones you got him elected into office and the election system in the United States is an extremely fair one. Now, we need to support him and guide him in allowing this country to remain the best country in the world.

I don’t think the motto should be Make America Great Again, it should be Make America Greater and by supporting the government officials and President Trump, that will happen naturally.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Make America Greater by Mason is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Sama 9 months ago

Dear Mason:

I am intrigued by your post, “Make America Greater,” because it tells people what they need to hear which is that even though people including me do not prefer Donald Trump we need to accept it because we can not change the outcome the election because Trump was the one chosen by the electoral college.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “we need to now support the President as our president. Nothing now will change his election into office ”. I think this is because people sometimes do not understand the fact that we can not change the election.

Another sentence that stood to to me was: “we need to support him and guide him in allowing this country to remain the best country in the world.” This stood out for me because people are putting him down which results in Trump not feeling welcome and protests throughout the US are causing annoyance and struggle for people who live in the area.

I do agree with you that the American people need to change their views on the results of this election. One reason I say this is people like myself are only looking negatively upon the debate when it may bring good things. Another reason I agree with you is people are

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it seems that your ideas are similar to mine so I look forward to seeing what you write about.

2. Jeremi 9 months ago

Dear Mason:

I am interested by your post, “Make America Greater”, because it was relatively simple but made its point.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I believe that despite your personal views, we need to now support the President as our president.” I think this is true because we are weaker when united. This was the president-elect’s opponent’s believe (hence her motto stronger together.)

Another sentence that I agreed with was: “Now, we need to support him and guide him in allowing this country to remain the best country in the world.” This stood out for me because of your optimism.

I do agree with you that because hatred of anyone never leads to positivity. One reason I say this is because Hitler hated the Jews and it did not end up well. However, I do not see Trump with these lenses due to him going on 60 minutes and telling people to stop hate crimes as well as saying he will be a president for all americans.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your posts are interesting, but you still need to go in detail.

3. Alexander 9 months ago

Dear Mason:

I am surprised by your post, “Make America Greater,” because your opinion differs greatly from those I regularly see on the streets or at school. Many people believe that the election was rigged because Trump won presidency, and many still side with Hillary.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “We the people are the ones you got him elected into office and the election system in the United States is an extremely fair one.” I think this is very important for us as Americans to know because it is true, nothing can change the fact that Trump won the election, and we need to move on in order to be successful and not dwell on the past.

Another sentence that I found significant was: “I don’t think the motto should be Make America Great Again, it should be Make America Greater and by supporting the government officials and President Trump, that will happen naturally.” This stood out for me because many Americans disagree with this, unlike me. The only way that Trump can be a successful president is if we, the people, support him and learn not to hate him.

I thoughtfully agree with you that we need to move on as a country and not mull over what has already been done. One reason I say this because in order to be successful, we have to support our president no matter what. Another reason I agree with you is because many people state that the election system is unfair and the only way a president should be elected is if they win the popular vote, which Hillary did. However, I agree with you. The election system is fair and it is based on the density of the population of the people in each state, which decides how many electoral votes each state gets.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your opinions are very intriguing. They broadcast a different opinion that readers view, and this post just might change some people’s minds on the election.

4. Trevor 9 months ago

Yes. You hit it right on the head. Its time people unite for a common purpose. The separation among the nation right now is very erroneous. I just wish people would except the democratic system we have in place and move on. There is always next election.