Dear Youth Voices Community,

My name is Jorge L. Padron Vargas and I am a part of the Media Academy Seniors at Fremont High School. My topic is about sexism in media and how I am feeling about this is pretty alright still. I feel a bit stressed but I can power it through.

This is my current thesis statement:

Many people nowadays are influenced by what they see in tv and social media with all the trends happening. Now with Tv and movies today show off women in a sexual manner or as powerless and the man being the buff and the hero plus with advertisements show off these images of women and their “perfect” with ads like victoria’s secret that make women feel like they need to reach that goal and it leaves them self conscious.

Fremont High School seniors are now writing preliminary thesis statements to help guide how they read their sources. I would greatly appreciate your feedback and help on my preliminary thesis statement.

Jorge L. Padron Vargas

Fremont High School

CC BY-SA 4.0 Feedback on my research thesis by Jorge is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.