HI! I am a student at the Baccalaureate School for Global Education and if you didn’t know the 5th best school in New York. For my Unit 2 Technology Project, we had to create a website about the BSGE. We had to use html5 and css3.
These are some of the requirements for the project
- The website must have a homepage and at least four other pages.
- The website must contain a sample schedule, including period times.
- The website must contain a navigation bar on all pages.
- The home page must contain a review of the school and general information.
- The website must contain information about the school’s teachers.
- The website must have pictures of the school.
- The website must have information about student achievement.
- The website must have information about the school’s academic policies, including grading.
- The website must have information about the IB Diploma Program.
- The website must have information about extracurricular activities, including how to create a club.
- The website must have information about community service activities and requirements.
- The website must have information about the student environment and social activities.
These are some of the constraints for the project
- The website must have 90% or more of its styles specified in a single external stylesheet.
- Any pictures used must have permission or be via Creative Commons.
- Pictures of students or teachers will require their consent, and pictures of 7th or 8th grade students are not allowed.
I wanted my project to look like this at first but soon I realized it wouldn’t fit with everything else.
For my final home page of my website shown above this is my code:
<title>All About BSGE</title>
<meta name=”All About BSGE” content=”BSGE”>
<meta name=”keywords” content=”HTML, CSS, 8th grade, tech, programming, unit 2 project”>
<meta name=”author” content=”21dewana”>
<link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”unit2projectstyles.css” </>
<li><a class=”active” href=”home.html”>Home</a></li>
<li><a href=”IB.html”>IB Information</a></li>
<li><a href=”Teachers.html”>Administrative and Teaching Staff</a></li>
<li><a href=”academicpolicies.html”>Academic Policies</a></li>
<li><a href=”clubs.html”>Clubs and Activities</a></li>
<li><a href=”STUDENTACHIEVEMENT.html”>Student Achievement</a></li>
<p id=”titlebox”> All About BSGE</p>
<p id=”box1″>Founded in September 2002, the Baccalaureate School for Global Education (BSGE) provides a world-class educational experience aligned with the frameworks and standards of the International Baccalaureate Program. We expect all students who successfully complete our course of study to be prepared for the International Baccalaureate diploma
Our student body is composed of an ethnically diverse and economically varied population of young people from different neighborhoods in Queens, including Jamaica, Forest Hills, Corona, Astoria, Woodside, Laurelton, Rosedale, Far Rockaway, Queens Village, Hollis, Richmond Hill, Middle Village, South Ozone, Jackson Heights, Rego Park and Long Island City. Located in Astoria, BSGE students learn in an environment that encourages inquiry, as well as intellectual and social development with a commitment to human responsibility and social justice.
Only schools authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization are eligible to issue IB certificates or diplomas. The Baccalaureate School for Global Education was authorized in April of 2005 as an IB World School.
<img id=”box2″ src=”http://queensnyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/baccalaureate-school-for-global-education-astoria-queens.jpeg” style=”width:325px;height:325px”>