Here is a link to my project page: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/127933284/#player

Welcome to The End! I worked on this 2-6 minute animation for 3 weeks. In those three weeks, I had to use three different tasks in order to perfect my animation. I had to type a script, create a storyboard, and then create a schedule to go off of in order to complete my animation in a certain amount of days. Finally, I could start programing my animation. Just programing my animation took a little bit over 4 hours.

THE SCRIPT:

Act 1:

Setting: Girl’s bedroom
[main character stands in the center of her room]

[the sound of a loudspeaker turning on]

Voice from outside:
Attention! Attention! The world is ending! It will explode in approximately 1 hour! There was a mishap with an experiment and now the core of the Earth is filled with extremely explosive TNT. We don’t know how much of the earth will blow up, but just to make sure everyone will stay safe, we will temporarily leave and see the remains of the Earth tomorrow. So stop everything you’re doing and run to the nearest spaceship! They will be scattered around the city!

[Pause for 1 second]

Voice from outside:
I repeat! We will be leaving for Mars in 50 minutes! Quickly get to the nearest spaceship!

[the squeak of the loudspeaker being turned off blasts and then there is silence]

Olivia:
I have to leave! I can’t believe I’m the only one home! I hope my parents heard the announcement.

[Olivia looks down at her dog]

Olivia:
Come on buster! We need to leave!

Buster:
Woof woof!

[the two walk to the left and off the screen]

[the backdrop changes to an urban street]

[Olivia and Buster run but then stop abruptly]

Olivia:
[whispers anxiously] Buster! It’s Ruby! She hates my guts! I don’t want to argue with her now!

Buster:
Woof woof

Olivia:
Why? Oh, it’s because I spread her deepest secret to the entire school. But, let’s forget about that.

Buster:
Woof woof

Olivia:
I know it was wrong, but she broke my arm and my leg when I was younger! She even laughed at me when I fell. She deserved that.

Buster:
Woof woof

Olivia:
Shhh! She might hear you. And yes, I know that this is the closest spaceship to the house even though it was half-an-hour away. But I just don’t want to pass by her!

Buster:
Woof woof

Oliva:
Fine, I’ll stop being a chicken.

[Olivia walks toward Ruby’s direction because the spaceship is behind her]

[Olivia walks past Ruby and sighs in relief when Ruby doesn’t notice her]

Ruby:
Where do you think you’re going? This is the line into the spaceship.

[Olivia mentally hits herself on the head]

Olivia:
Oh, sorry. I didn’t realize.

[Olivia turns around]

[Ruby stares at Oliva for a few seconds and then recognizes her]

Ruby:
[sneers] Well look who we have here…..

Act 2:

Setting: On the urban street

[Olivia walks to the back of Ruby and chuckles nervously]

Olivia:
[nervously] Oh….hey there

Ruby:
Don’t hey there me

Olivia:
What do you want me to say? I hate your guts and wish you never existed?

Ruby:
[scoffs] Aren’t I supposed to be saying that?

Oliva:
Well, you kind of did break my arm and leg when I was younger. Plus you started laughing at me when I fell.

Ruby:
[agitated] For the last time! It was an accident!

Olivia:
Sure it was. Because ‘accidentally pushing’ and laughing at someone when they fall is totally an accident.

Ruby:
Okay….maybe it wasn’t. But you deserved it! You knocked my ice-cream to the ground!

Olivia:
Just because I knocked your ice-cream down didn’t mean you had to knock me down from the ledge and break my arm and leg.

Ruby:
I was 5!

Olivia:
That’s always your excuse.

Ruby:
Well just because I pushed you down didn’t mean you had to spread my deepest secret!

Olivia:
First of all, me spreading your deepest secret sounds like nothing compared to you breaking 2 of my body parts. Second of all, your secret wasn’t even that bad. It was just that [gets cut off by Ruby]

Ruby:
[anxiously] Stop! Don’t even say it out loud! It’s because of you that I had to look over my shoulder for the rest of elementary and middle school! I was always afraid of getting bullied!

Oliva:
Well that was revenge! Because of you, I couldn’t walk for the next few months!

[their conversation gets interrupted with the same outside voice as before]

Voice from outside:
Attention there are only 5 seconds left to board a spaceship. 5 seconds left!

Counter:
5

[Olivia and Ruby look at each other and realize that they’ve been standing outside the spaceship for a pretty long time]

Counter:
4

Counter:
3

[the door of the spaceship starts to close]

Counter:
2

[Buster comes out of nowhere and drags the two of them inside]

Counter:
1

[the doors close behind them]

Act 3:

Oliva:
Thank you so much, Buster!

Buster:
Woof woof!

Ruby:
[hugs Buster] You’re a light saver!

Olivia:
Hey! Don’t touch my dog!

Buster:
[barks at Oliva] Woof woof!

Oliva:
[backs up] Okay! I’m sorry! You can hug him!

[Ruby laughs]

[Buster nods his head towards Ruby and Olivia and barks]

Buster:
Woof woof!

[Buster walks towards the right and off the screen]

Olivia:
Does he want us to make up?

Ruby:
Yeah….I guess?

Olivia:
Yeah….ok…..I’m out of here.

[Olivia starts walking towards the left]

Ruby:
[anxiously] Wait!

[Olivia stops mid-step and turns around]

Olivia:
What?

Ruby:
[anxiously] Ma-maybe Buster’s right. Maybe we should make up. A-after all, it’s already been more than 7 years.

Olivia:
Are you serious! Okay let’s do this! I already have a speech planned out!

Ruby:
And I thought I was weird.

Olivia:
Well I’m sorry if I thought your grudge on me would last only for a few months. I didn’t think it would last for more than 7 years!

Ruby:
[laughs nervously] Oops….my bad.

Olivia:
So, let’s start with the apologies.

[Olivia clears her throat]

Olivia:
I’m sorry that I spread your deepest, darkest secret which was-

[Olivia gets cut off by Ruby]

Ruby:
[quickly] And I’m sorry for laughing at you when you fell.

Olivia:
And?

Ruby:
[quieter] And being the one who pushed you down and caused you to break two of your bones.

Olivia:
And?
Ruby:
[whispers] And doing it on purpose……

[Olivia claps]

Olivia:
Great! Let’s hug now!

Ruby:
Wait….really?

Olivia:
Does it look like I’m kidding?

Ruby:
No, but-

Olivia:
[cuts Ruby off] Exactly!

Ruby:
Fine

[the two walk towards each other and then a person comes between them]

Random person:
What are you guys doing! The world is going to blow up! We don’t have time for this stupid, nonsensical hugging time! Get to work peopl-

[the person gets cut off with the world exploding. Everyone dies]

THE END!!!

CC BY-SA 4.0 The End by Katherine is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.