Welcome to Animationstuck, the tale that almost breaks the fourth wall but not quite. It tells the tale of two animation characters that question their reality and a vicious animator looking for wealth and fame and possibly sanity. I know you might be overwhelmed, because the backstory of this animation is very complicated indeed: there is a printer that turns virtual characters real and that’s it. However, I am sure you will be delighted to see the work behind this masterpiece.

A select few of you who read this (which might already be a select few of the entire Youth Voices website) might have noticed the slight similarities to Andrew Hussie’s webcomic Homestuck.

…And that’s great…! We ( I ) take pride in taking inspiration from what once was (I mean 2007) the most famous webcomic in the world wide web. Here you can see the process of creative design done by our professional (MS Paint) artists (me).

—-> oursscreen-shot-2016-11-10-at-8-37-44-amhsjohnegbert<—– theirs

You may also have noticed a reasonable peak in quality from right to left!

However good our story may be, we also encountered a few problems.

screen-shot-2016-11-10-at-8-41-04-am

When beginning our beautiful tale, we relied entirely in what’s called “wait” blocks.

This consisted of other characters waiting a certain time for other characters to do an action which led to timing confusion.

But that was no obstacle to our enthusiasm!

screen-shot-2016-11-10-at-8-42-32-am

By using a wide variety of broadcasting blocks, we ensured the smoothness of our animation in transitions.

I hope you enjoyed witnessing the beautiful process of Animationstuck. Have a good one!

CC BY-SA 4.0 Animationstuck by Santiago is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.