I was incredibly surprised when the polls said Donald Trump won. Especially since for the last month, Hillary was expected to win by a landslide.

However, as I was watching the race, I saw that Hillary was doing worse than how Obama was in the 2012 elections. She lost states that had been democrats from Clinton including Wisconsin and New Hampshire.

Frankly, I’m scared for the future of the country. Especially when we have someone as inflammatory as Trump running our country and being the face of the nation. Especially now that the Republicans control both the House and the Senate.

I guess it makes sense because Hillary remained very unpopular during her campaign. But I am still surprised that so many people chose to vote for Trump. I guess it means that the American people are tired of having a politician that only cares about gaining more power rather than the American  people. And Hillary had, on multiple occasions offered favors to people who donated to her campaign. I think this is catastrophic, but we will see if Donald Trump delivers on his lofty promises.

Photo by cherylholt (Pixabay)

CC BY-SA 4.0 Presidential Election Reactions by Jason is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Maddie 1 year ago

I was also completely surprised, and disappointed, by the election results. I think that many people in the country are scared right now, and are unsure as to what the future holds. But I agree that we will have to wait and see what he delivers on.