I do not have a big thought of the recent presidential election because I tried not to think too much about it. However, I do have some views on it.

As everyone probably knows, Donald J. Trump will be the president of the coming year. As most people have said, both major candidates are terrible and I cannot argue. Based on many polls and predictions I’ve seen, I think that most people expected Hillary Clinton to win. I, for no particular reason, had a feeling that Trump was going to win. I honestly have no idea why. I just thought he would be president.

So, when the votes started coming in, I was not really surprised or shocked that Trump was leading. Even though I was not surprised at him winning, I am still not comprehending that Trump is actually President and Obama is not anymore. This is probably because Obama has been president for most of my childhood, so it is very different.

Another small thought I had about the debate is that Trump had better ideas to make America’s economy and middle class strong. In my opinion, I think he takes an acknowledgment of more.

For instance, he always wants benefits for the majority such as the middle class with taxes and childcare. Clinton, on the other hand, seeks solutions for the most critical problems like minorities and immigration. Because of what Trump focuses on, I believe that he will provide a more beneficial strategy to help America.

In addition, Trump has different and new ideas that may be what America needs. I could be worse to continue doing what America is already doing. Therefore, these are just some of my thoughts on the 2016 presidential election.

I am not saying that Clinton is much worse than Trump, they are both okay but this is what I personally think, so please no hate.

Photo by -Jeffrey-

CC BY-SA 4.0 My Thoughts on the 2016 Presidential Debate by Kelsey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Amy 1 year ago

Dear Kelsey:
    I am pleased with your post, “My Thoughts on the 2016 Presidential Debate,” because you stayed honest. Plus, you didn’t get all bias about anything which shows me you’re a person who’s civilized.One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I do not have a big thought of the recent presidential election because I tried not to think too much about it.” I think this is a good thing to say because it’s what a lot of people were trying to do and you sort of in a way represented those people by being honest about what your thoughts were.
    Another sentence that I liked was: “This is probably because Obama has been president for most of my childhood, so it is very different.” This stood out for me because it does seem different and I agree with you. The winner wasn’t as surprising but it feels different because in our childhood we didn’t really pay attention to politics and as we get older we might find it really important or disregard it entirely.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next.