The election results have been determined, and Donald Trump has won the 2016 presidential election. The republicans have won for the Senate, as well as House of Representatives and the governor.

I thought this was a bit shocking because at the beginning people were saying that Clinton would win but at the end, Trump won.  Although Clinton had slightly a bit more popular votes, Trump had more electoral votes and won the election.

Some people may be concerned and scared for the future because Trump has mentioned a lot of things/topics such as immigration, and others. Trump’s presidency will impact the future of America for the next for years; some people may be worried while others may be glad.

This was a hard fought election, and the future just continues on; there is no going back.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Fall 2016, Election by Penny is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Edward 1 year ago

Dear Penny,

I am really enjoying your post, “Fall 2016, Election”, specifically the map, because I love maps. Also, I do not care much for who the president is, so seeing someone neutral (maybe you’re not, but I can only tell that you’re neutral by viewing your post) is a bit shocking because everyone I know is either rooting for Trump or Hillary.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “This was a hard fought election, and the future just continues on; there is no going back.” I think this is semi-true because according to a few of my classmates and a few minutes of watching debates, Trump did not do much. Apparently, he used money to buy money, and we can learn from that.

Another sentence that I wasn’t sure about was: “Although Clinton had slightly a bit more popular votes, Trump had more electoral votes and won the election.” This stood out for me because the electoral votes does not make sense. The president should just be the one with the most votes from the people.

I don’t necessarily agree with you that Trump winning was a bit shocking. One reason I say this is because changes (comebacks) can always happen. Another reason I partially disagree with you is maybe Clinton got too overconfident.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I hope that you will contain more maps, I just adore them. Also, your information isn’t a load. It’s nice to read just a little summary of what EVERYONE else says. Bye!!!!!!!

2. David 1 year ago

Dear Penny:

I am impressed by your Post, “Fall 2016, Election.”

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I thought this was a bit shocking because at the beginning people were saying that Clinton would win but at the end, Trump won. Although Clinton had slightly a bit more popular votes, Trump had more electoral votes and won the election.”

I agree with you that Hilary should have won. One reason I say this is because she won the popular vote.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because… add 2 or 3 sentences explaining what will bring you back to see more about this person’s thoughts.

3. Siddhaarta 1 year ago

I disagree because clinton also had good ideas for the immigration and other things. Clinton also was not rude. Clinton was really going to win. The election is rigged.