Dear Youth Voices Community,

I am Lilian Mancia, a senior in the Media Academy at Fremont High School. My topic is on deportations this topic makes me feel depressed sometimes because I can imagine what those families go through and I can’t image my family being in that position.

This is my current thesis statement:

Many families are broken apart. Adults and children are forced to leave the country and when they get to their home country they do not have a place to live. In many situations children are left behind with no parents, and many of them end up in shelters or living with family the do not know well. Illegals struggle to get to United States and have a better life, a life with a lot of opportunities and the ones who end up suffering are children because they end up with no parents when they are deported. A solution to this would be not deporting people who has not committed crimes or to deport only one of the parents and leave the other parent with the children.

Fremont High School seniors are now writing preliminary thesis statements to help guide how they read their sources. I would greatly appreciate your feedback and help on my preliminary thesis statement. If you could score my thesis statement using this rubric, that would be even more helpful!!!inary thesis statement.

Lilian Mancia

Fremont High School