Letter to the Next President:

Hello, Ms. or Mr. President. Congrats to taking charge of our country! An important issue that I care about is Animal Rights. One part of this issue is Zoos. I believe that animals need more freedom! It does not matter if it is during the day or during the night but they need it. Animals are not meant to be your 6th-grade science project or something for you to get popcorn and stare at, they are meant to be in the Jungle or Desert or somewhere where they get to be with friends and family. We need a president that can be a leader and take charge of such an unjust issue that is happening in our community, country, WORLD right now.

Another part of this issue is circuses because they are dressing up animals just to get money. Why don’t you just watch grass while you’re at it! Some cirques are nice but it is still cruel to animals. Others are so cruel, you just want to cry. They whip slap so hard, sometimes(rarely) animals die! If you ever read this and show this to the Legislative, Executive, and Judicial Branches, please tell them to make this a law: No animal cruelty: Fine:1,000 dollars and 5 years Jail time! (maybe (= )

Photo by dirkjanranzijn

CC BY-SA 4.0 Animals Are People Too! by Ramatoulaye is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Lorraine 6 months ago

I am amazed by your story and experiences discussed in, “Animals Are People Too!” because I also try to fight against and raise awareness for the animals that are tortured in places like circuses, living as pets, etc. This is the best way to raise awareness, because with a fee and jail time, one may stop using animals for money or even to take care. They need to be free of their choices, whether they want to live with their owners or go back to the wild and live with their family and friends.
    The sentence that stood out to me the most was where you said “Hello, Ms. or Mr. President. Congrats to taking charge of our country!” This stood out to me because even though you are upset by something that is an issue going on in the world right now, you are still kind and congratulating the next president.
    Your story reminds me of something that happened to me. I used to have two pet turtles, Tom and Oscar, I was realizing that it was time for them to be free and to live in the wild. However, they died the day that we released them into the wild. (not the point) But, the point is that we need to learn to let go, and stop taking animals as pets, circus animals for money, etc. This is not fair, because how would you feel if someone dragged you around and whipped you with a rope if you didn’t do what they wanted and you didn’t speak their language.
    Thanks for your writing. This gave a me a huge idea on having a debate team just among my friends, and this could be one of the topics. This is a really big problem, and it needs to stop before animals start to go extinct, we can all stop this if we just stop buying pets, and pet stores stop selling pet related items or the animals themselves, and all pets are free and in the wild with their friends and family. Again, thank you for writing.

2. Jasmin 2 years ago

Dear Rama,
    What you are saying is really powerful. I like how you state what you feel. I think that what you are doing can be called speaking up for people, in this case animals, who cant talk. You are taking a stand for what you believe. I really liked your post. Very interesting.

3. layla 2 years ago

Dear Rama,

I really agree with your idea because I personally love animals and I think it really is cruel to abuse or lock up the animals. I think that we should respect them, they are part of our society too. 🙂 😉

4. Abigail 2 years ago

i agree with you ramatoulaye because i think that animals are just like humans they have feelings like humans. so i think that it should be a law to stop animal abuse.

Ramatoulaye 2 years ago

Thank you abby I really agree. This is an important issue that Our world need to recognize