I hate to see people who are being judged just because of their sexuality or gender. America is supposed to be a country where you can be free, but some people are judged just by who they are.

You shouldn’t judge people by who they love. If you are currently in a relationship with someone who you really love, then imagine being judged constantly by parents, friends, and anyone in the world about being with them. People feel unappreciated. To the point where they self-harm or even kill themselves because people are saying the most horrible things.

Earlier this summer, on June 12th, there was a mass shooting at an LGBTQ+ nightclub called the Pulse nightclub in Miami, Florida. It was the biggest mass shooting ever in America. Hundreds of people died. That scares a lot of people. The people at the club that night felt terrified at a place where they should feel safe, happy, and able to express themselves.

Some kids and teenagers are even kicked out of their own homes because their parents won’t accept the fact that they’re LGBTQ+. Imagine not being accepted by your own parents. Just because you are being who you are.

I also feel like transgender bathrooms should be in every building in the US. Everyone should be comfortable in their own environment, especially when they are doing something as simple as using the restroom.

Some people do support LGBTQ+ and try to help. I want to thank these people for supporting this. If more and more people in the world say what they think about this cause than the world can be a happier, better, place.

Photo by istolethetv

CC BY-SA 4.0 ALL people should be treated equally by Corinne is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Aurora 1 week ago

I love your post so much. I’ve been looking up lots of information on LGBT+ homelessness lately and it is so sad. Like you said these people need support because sometimes their own families throw them out. I couldn’t imagine kicking my child out knowing they don’t have a place to go just because of their sexuality. Like, did you know that 40% of the 7% of youth that is homeless are homeless due to their sexuality? Its absolutely devastating. I think a lot of the issue is the misconception that people choose to be LGBT+. I assume parents feel as though they can make them “change” their “choice” to be gay if they make it hard for them to live. Kind of like, “If i kick them out then they’ll come crawling back and change their decision,” but the problem is it isn’t a choice. Honestly, I could even imagine doing that if I thought it was a choice, but I guess for some people with religion and other factors think they can justify this action in this way. I’m curious, how do you think parents justify it? In any case, hopefully as time goes on people will learn more about these issues and understand those who are LGBT+ don’t have a say in it and instead will love their family unconditionally like they should be in the first place.

2. Bryan 1 year ago

I agree with you that all people should be treated equally. I see people getting made fun of because of there sexuallity everyday and I think that’s wrong. I also agree with Corinne that there should be transgender restrooms made all over the world so that the people who decided to become transgender feel comfortable going to the restroom and not feeling uncomfortable. Maybe our new president,Donald Trump can talk about how everyone has equal rights and how nobody should be getting made fun of. That could probably help and make people stop talking bad about other people. Thank you Corinne for sharing this post.