“91 Percent of Colleges Reported Zero Incidents of Rape in 2014.” AAUW: Empowering Women Since 1881. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 Oct. 2016.

Bernard, Crista. “I’m Tired Of Hearing ‘Teach Not To Rape'” Odyssey. N.p., 29 Mar. 2016. Web. 26 Oct. 2016.
Emily. “Things Not to Discuss in Polite Company: Rape Culture and the Problem of Consent.” Youth Are Awesome. N.p., 09 Apr. 2013. Web. 26 Oct. 2016.

Izadi, Elahe. “CDC: Nearly 1 in 5 Women Have Been Raped.” Washington Post. The Washington Post, 5 Sept. 2014. Web. 26 Oct. 2016.

Mendez, By Shayna. “Facts and Statistics About Rape and Sexual Violence.” Her Campus. Point Park, 10 Nov. 2014. Web. 26 Oct. 2016.

Nelson, Jeanne. “College Campus “Etiquette”: Yes Means Yes, No Means No – Blog – PROWESS.” College Campus “Etiquette”: Yes Means Yes, No Means No – Blog – PROWESS. N.p., 10 Mar. 2015. Web. 26 Oct. 2016.

“U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics’ Campus Climate Study Confirms Epidemic of College Sexual Assault.” RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Oct. 2016.

WAVAW.ca. “What Is Rape Culture?” WAVAW Women Against Violence Against Women. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Oct. 2016.

Ye Hee Lee, Michelle. “The Truth about a Viral Graphic on Rape Statistics.” Washington Post. The Washington Post, 9 Dec. 2014. Web. 26 Oct. 2016.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Rape Culture is Unacceptable by Hadley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Dinakar 5 months ago

Hadley,
    This is a very power piece and it is a very serious topic that I hope is addressed in the upcoming future. Women/girls shouldn’t be treated like this. I hope our country can learn from the mistakes and improve.

2. Dinakar 5 months ago

I am your secret writing pal!

3. Katie 10 months ago

Hadley,
    Your video was very powerful. I think this is a very important issue that needs to be address, and needs to stop being swept underneath the rug. It’s sad that us young girls have to live in a society where we are constantly in fear of our safety and well being. Also I like the photo you chose of the sign saying “teach don’t rape, not don’t get raped”. It’s appalling how society blames the victims for being raped based on the clothing they were wearing, if they were under the influence, etc. Rape is Rape and it should never be justified.

4. Jordan 10 months ago

Hadley,
    I am so impressed with your video! When you told me that you would be piecing together several different girls speaking about rape, I wasn’t sure how it would actually turn out, but it turned out so well! I think it was very bold and impactful, and hearing all of the voices was so impressive. Rape is a very important topic, and making this video with all of the different girls speaking showed the severity of it. Thank you for making this, and letting me help you!

5. Aneliese 10 months ago

Hadley, I really like the message of your video and the way you portray it. By adding the voices of different girls, you diversified the facts being presented and added a more personal aspect to the piece. If every man watched this video and thought of each girl speaking as their sister, their cousin, or their aunt, I’m sure rape would not be such a pressing issue in our world. I’m glad I got to help you with your project!