Dear Future President,

When you passing the street, seeing the trees near you, have you ever think about how important the trees for us. The importance of forests cannot be underestimated. We depend on forests for our survival, from the air we breathe to the wood we use. Besides providing habitats for animals and livelihoods for humans, forests also offer watershed protection, prevent soil erosion and mitigate climate change. Yet, despite our dependence on forests, we are still allowing them to disappear.

I believe that you have way more data to examine than I do. But I still want to point out few things. Over 2 billion people rely forests for shelter, livelihoods, water, food and fuel security. 300 million people are living in forests, including 60 million indigenous people. As for the President of American,  you should do something to protect the forest and preserve our environment.

In order to protect the forest, trees, print less is important! You can push for double side printing just as much as you are pushing gun control. Encouraged all worker in the White House, Legislative and all government to decreasing the printing of documents that are not necessary. Also stop cutting trees also important. About 3 billion to 6 billion trees have been cut in U.S. each year. We can’t even count how many animals lost their homes because of it, and how it destroyed the ecosystem.

The future of us is controlled by us. Please do not wait until the earth has been shaved bald.

Photo by VenusPetrov

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Future of Us is Controlled by Us by Wentao is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Emily 8 months ago

Hi I am your secret writing pal. But I totally agree with you on protecting out forests!