The oceans waves and breaths of salt enveloped me and so my colors changed

A white so pure it came from the pearls now infused with the colors hidden in the ocean

I’ve been through a journey that would take you a lifetime and your afterlife

Unexplainable sights I’ve seen untold stories i keep

I’ll gleam before your eyes and be smooth under your touch

With every bump and curve on my figure lies an encounter with a friend or a threat

I’ll ponder and sit for there’s nothing more to do

How did I end up here?

My colors changed and so has my life

My original home long gone I now lie here in your palm

I am a part of the sea, I have swam with the fish, and hidden with the prey

I am a seashell

CC BY-SA 4.0 Seashell by Skayla is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Katie 11 months ago

This is a unique and beautiful poem. I like the way you use descriptive words to make your poem just flow. I also have never read a poem from the POV of a seashell so props to you for creativity. I enjoyed this.

2. Luke 12 months ago

Really great poem Skayla I think that while protecting the environment is very important celebrating it is equally if not more important. We must first appreciate nature before we completely commit to conserving it as there are economic downsides to full scale climate change policies

3. Anna 12 months ago

Skayla,
    This is a really nice poem. Even though its title was “Seashell,” I had failed to realize that the poem was told from the POV of a seashell, and I was pleasantly surprised after reading the last line of the poem.

4. Shirley 12 months ago

Dear Skayla,
    your poem left me speechless, I just have one word: BEAUTIFUL! This poem is amazing! I love the part where you said “The ocean waves and breaths of salt enveloped me and so my colors changed. I can’t wait for your next post! ^.^

5. Sarah 12 months ago

I thought this was a really interesting poem. I liked the connections you made between the life in the ocean to yourself. Good Job!